History Of Relation Between PCSIR, PSTC and Govt. Of Switzerland
SWISSCONTACT is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 34 countries with over 1,200 employees, Swisscontact promotes since 1959 economic, social and environmental development.
PCSIR has been the partner of Swisscontact, Govt. of Switzerland since 1963, when a cooperation contract between the two institutions was signed. Further milestones of this cooperation are:
1965: Pak Swiss Training Centre (PSTC) was established to train 25 students in the field of Precision Mechanics and Instrument Technology. It is a joint project of Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR), Govt. of Pakistan and Swiss Foundation for Technical Assistance (SWISSCONTACT), Govt. of Switzerland. The cost of Centre was borne partly by Swiss Foundation for Technical Assistance, in the form of 10 Swiss Experts and machines and equipment worth over 1.4 million Swiss Franks, and partly by Government of Pakistan in the form of Workshop and Office Building, Hostel and other local expenditure costing over 1 million Pak rupees and also day to day recurring expenditure.
1973: A 01 Years Post Diploma Course for Optics was added .
1980: Contract on cooperation in the Dies and Mould Section signed
1983: Start of Dies and Mould training program (02 years after 02 years basic mechanics together with Instrumentation Course. (until 1991 Swisscontact provides follow-up assistance.)
1986: An Agreement for the establishment of Institute of Industrial Electronics Engg. (B.E. Degree) was signed between PCSIR and Swisscontact, Govt. of Switzerland.
1989: The commencement of classes of IIEE, all the equipment and three experts were provided by the Swisscontact, Govt. of Switzerland